Nesbit advises both investment managers and institutional investors engaged in developed or developing market investment strategies.
In addition to traditional alternative investment funds (including private equity, infrastructure, private real estate), he has advised on a number of fund launches answering the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal themes (including climate, water, food security and forestry) involving governmental institutions, institutional investors such as pension funds, insurers, financial institutions, private and public companies and development finance institutions.
He advises and supports investment managers during different phases of the fund life cycle including fund formation and documentation, investor contract negotiations and onboarding, fund service provider contracting, developing and documenting fund governance and internal compliance policies and processes and executing fund portfolio investments.
He advises and supports investors in fund/co-investment reviews, legal and related aspects of operational due diligence and special projects including regulatory driven changes, mergers, GP removals, service provider contracting.
Nesbit received his Bachelor of Laws (1996) and his Master of Laws degree (1998) at the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Partner with CapstoneLaw since 2022
- Independent Investment Management Consultant, Amsterdam, since 2012
- Ownership Capital, COO (ad interim), Amsterdam, 2012 – 2015
- PGGM Investments, Senior Legal Counsel, Zeist, 2008 – 2012
- ABN AMRO, Vice President – Senior Legal Counsel, Amsterdam, 2005 – 2008
- Loyens & Loeff, Senior Associate, Amsterdam, 2001 – 2005
- Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr, Associate, Cape Town, 1999 – 2001
- Finance for Lawyers, Amsterdam Institute for Finance, 2009.
- Valuations, Amsterdam Institute for Finance, 2007
- Master of Laws, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, 1997 – 1998.
- Bachelor of Laws (Political Science, English literature), University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, 1994 – 1996.
CapstoneLaw has finely tuned legal, compliance and business experience along the entire value chain of asset management and financial services.